Welcome to the Northern Rockies Lodge
on Beautiful Muncho Lake
“The Best Place to Stay on the Alaska Highway"
Stay with us and save a day on your journey along the Alaska Highway (Alcan Highway)!
Northern Rockies Lodge is the newest and most impressive hotel in the Muncho Lake, Liard Hot Springs, Toad River and Muskwa Kechika region. Our facilities include a hotel, fully licensed dining room and lounge, motel, cozy cabins, lakeshore chalets, RV camping, fly-in outpost cabins, sauna and a gas station.
Make your stay with us even more unforgettable with one of the our float plane flightseeing, fly-in fishing and Nahanni Day Tours.
Tours While Staying at Northern Rockies Lodge
We operate a number of "bucket list" type tours with our floatplanes directly from the lodge at Muncho Lake including:
- Guided fly-in fishing to over 70 remote lakes for a day of excellent fishing, perfect for both newbies and experienced anglers alike
- Flightseeing Tours around the Muskwa Kechika Protected Area in the Northern Rocky Mountains
- Virginia Falls / Nahanni National Park Tour with a landing and lunch at the falls
- Carefully crafted deluxe week long vacation experiences for anglers, wildlife enthusiasts and canoeists
FOr the Alaska Highway TRAVELER
We are here to serve you. The Northern Rockies Lodge is the only full service stop open year round on the Alaska Highway between Fort Nelson and Watson Lake (a 500km stretch). To help you plan your trip and make your way up the Alaska Highway (Alcan Highway) more enjoyable, we created the following information pages:
- Alaska Highway Webcams: Camera updates multiple times daily with a photo of the highway in front of Northern Rockies Lodge
- Alaska Highway Information: History and Route of the Alaska Highway
- Alaska Highway Itineraries: Alaska Highway road trip suggestions made by our knowledgeable staff and select guests