LIARD HOT SPRINGS
The Liard River hot springs are an oasis for any Alaska Highway traveler. Soak in the warm thermal waters of the Liard River Provincial Parks hot springs and rejuvenate yourself before you continue your journey on the Alaska Highway by RV or car.
Muncho Lake offers the closest year-round accommodation to the Liard River hot springs.
Only a ½ hour drive South from the Liard River Provincial Park, you can find lodging at the Northern Rockies Lodge in the centre of Muncho Lake Provincial Park. This beautiful lodge along the all-paved, historic Alaska Highway offers year-round accommodation in modern motel and hotel rooms.
Spend a night at the lodge in Muncho Lake and enjoy soaking in the nearby Liard River hot springs.
This unique Northern thermal bath is open year-round.
B.C. Parks maintains some basic facilities at the Liard River hot springs such as changing rooms and outhouses. However, if you are looking for full service accommodation near Liard Hot Springs, Muncho Lake has the closest year-round accommodation.
Wild buffalo roam the Liard River valley in the Liard hot spring area. Use caution when driving on the Alaska Highway, especially at night. Spend the night at a motel or hotel in Muncho Lake near the Liard hot springs.
Hot Spring Tips
- Visit during the off-season - less traffic
- Bring something to drink, as the springs will dehydrate you
- Use a sled in the winter to bring in your necessities
- Remember flashlights for nighttime winter soaking
- Wear warm clothes to change back in to
- Remember to remove your jewelry, as it will become discoloured
- Bring garbage bags in the winter and put your clothes inside them. Place in the water to keep your clothes warm
- Muncho Lake Hotel
The Northern Rockies Lodge is conveniently located halfway between Whitehorse and Fort St. John. World-class lodging and excellent dining make this landmark lodge an outstanding place to stop for the night.
- Canoeing Adventure
Choose from a variety of canoeing adventures. Liard Tours provides air transportation for fly-in canoe and hiking trips.
- Nahanni National Park
Fly high above the scenic Northern Rocky Mountains, land at Virginia Falls in Canada's first natural UNESCO world heritage site.
- National Geographic - Muskwa Kechika