Muncho Lake Accommodation Options
Welcome to beautiful Muncho Lake. We have several accommodations options for you, the Alaska Highway Traveller: hotel rooms, cozy cabins, lakeshore chalets, and kitchenette cabins. All of our units are non-smoking, have comfortable beds, TVs and full ensuite washrooms. Some units are pet friendly and there is Wifi available across the property.
The hotel and cabins will provide you with a cozy log building atmosphere on one hand and the modern hotel comforts that you are used to on the other hand. This is the most comfortable way to experience the beautiful and unspoiled wilderness around Muncho Lake. The Muncho Lake area is full with great hiking, canoing and tours. Liard hot springs are a short 30 minutes drive and there are sauna and playground on the property.
The Northern Rockies Lodge Dining Room is open year round and offers European and American cuisines.
To see more information about each unit and to book your room please follow the links below.
We accept military discounts with the showing of military ID.
All guests enjoy a fuel discount at our gas station.
Let our highly trained chefs cook for you a nice hearty meal, while you seat back, relax and enjoy the beauty engulfing you. You may also reserve your meals online with your room/cabin/chalet reservation. Click here to see our menus.
Meal Plan Rates
Dinner and Breakfast: $55/person/day
American Plan (Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch): $78/person/day
MUNCHO LAKE ACTIVITIES
1. Liard Hot Springs: You may want to spoil yourself with a trip to the Liard Hot Springs, which are about half an hour drive from the lodge. On your way up you might encounter the resident buffalo herd just before you arrive to the Hot Springs. While at the Liard Hot Springs you will be able to enjoy the soothing water and the beautiful scenery around the Springs. You can also challenge yourself by placing a rock at the hottest corner of the springs (they get quite hot).
2. Hiking: There are numerous hiking trails around Muncho Lake. You can hike up a mountain to reach some breathtaking view points. Or you can hike along a creek or a river and find waterfalls at the end of the trail. Or you might want to go on a Bush Walk inside the forest. Either way the opportunities are countless just ask one of our knowledgeable staff members.
3. Canoeing: During the summer season (May through to October) you can enjoy canoe rides on Muncho Lake. Visit Honeymoon Island, or see the formations on the rock on the other side of the lake. You can also cross the lake and explore the peninsula on the other side.
4. Picnics: There are numerous barbeques and picnic tables in the property that you may use. As well there is a gazebo to cook on the fire. You can purchase wood from us.
5. Sauna and Playground: For the adults we have a wood burning sauna in the property, which you can use for free. For the kids we have a playground to play in with slides, swings, a climbing wall and more.
6. Flightseeing and Fishing Tours: To fully appreciate the Northern Rockies, you may want to go on one of the tours we offer. Visit our tours page for information about flightseeing tours, fly in fishing tours, Virginia Falls tour and our Outpost Cabins Wilderness Vacations.